Thursday, October 13, 2005

There are two basic options when faced with an obsessive spell:

1. Target an incredibly lofty goal and begin picking slowly and persistently away at it, with relentless steadfastness. The target remains on the front burner of one's mind, heated by passion in a crockpot of creativity, perhaps scorching even a bit on the bottom as it transforms from a collection of everyday household items into genius masterpiece. Some goals are only achieved in such a cauldron of perpetually boiling obsessiveness. Am I being redundant in my choice of words? It probably has something to do with the need to properly express obsessive behavior.

2. Knit. Something large and redundant.

7 Comments:

Blogger Emily Santiago said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:15 AM  
Blogger CamoBunny said...

the knitting. it's therapeutic. so much better than cross-stitching or embroidery because of its repetitive and non-strategic nature. i'm excited to begin my blanket again (once my exam is over); i think i will be more stable.

p.s. the word verification makes the comment spambots go away, if that's been a problem.

9:52 AM  
Blogger puffintoad said...

Oh, I thought I already had that. I'll go put it in, so all the world can appreciate the unique lettr combinations.

10:54 AM  
Blogger ambiguous wanderer said...

I like to crochet. :)

6:52 AM  
Blogger puffintoad said...

All right then, we should all post our projects on our blogs for the world to observe our craftiness.

11:20 PM  
Blogger ambiguous wanderer said...

And that's what I'm going to do. I just drew something. Not anything astounding but I hope those who are familiar with it will find it a pleasant surprise. :)

Watch this space..

5:07 PM  
Blogger puffintoad said...

Watching...

(PS My scarf is not complete yet.)

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home